International Interfaith Festival | Festival de Fe March 23-28, 2014 in El Salvador
Join the first International Interfaith Festival/Festival de Fe in El Salvador
A first of its kind conference in El Salvador bringing together the LGBTI community with interfaith religious leaders in solidarity with the LGBTI community in El Salvador
March 23-28, 2014 in El Salvador
The cost of this delegation is $600. This amount includes all costs for housing, on-ground transportation, meals, interpretation, logistics coordination and administration fee. This amount does not include roundtrip air flight.
• Attendance at the Faith Festival/Festival de Fe on March 27th – a day of celebration and commemoration bringing together faith leaders and LGBTI Activists of El Salvador with US Faith and LGBTI leaders.
• Participate in the 34th Anniversary Commemoration of the Assassination of Monsignor Oscar Romero on March 24th. Participate in this internationally known event to mark the legacy of Monsignor Romero, including visits to Monsignor Romero’s tomb and home and hear more about his legacy and continued impact on Salvadoran society.
• Visit the University of Central America/Jose Simon Cañas, Universidad Centro America, the famous Catholic Jesuit University to learn more about the martyrs of peace in El Salvador.
• Meet with government officials to appeal for their cooperation in stopping extrajudicial killings of LGBTI Salvadoran brothers and sisters.
• Meet with LGBTI human rights leaders in El Salvador to learn of their struggle and how to accompany their fight.
• Also, meet with other human rights organizations and leaders to learn about the continued impunity for human rights violators and the attacks on well-known historical human rights organizations.
*Details and Itinerary may change based on availability and current events.
This is a historic trip, you and your role as a faith leader and community activist can make a difference in inserting our voice in this discourse.
To apply and sign up, please contact Rhina Ramos at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Ana Montano at email@example.com or by phone at 415-701-1200 x313